How to get to Cebu
There are two ways to get to Cebu. The first, and the easiest, is by direct flight. At present international airlines offer direct flights to Cebu from abroad.
The following airlines serve the Mactan-Cebu International
Airport (as of January 2006):
- Air Philippines (Bacolod, Davao, General Santos, Iloilo, Manila, Zamboanga, Puerto Princesa)
- Asian Spirit (Cagayan de Oro, Caticlan, Surigao, Tandag)
- Cebu Pacific (Davao, Iloilo, Manila, Zamboanga)
- Philippine Airlines (Manila)
- South East Asian Airlines (Bantayan (seasonal), Camiguin, Caticlan, Cotabato, Siargao)
The alternative of a direct flight is to fly to Manila and take a domestic flight to Cebu, or take a boat. There are airlines, which fly Manila-Cebu and back.
The following airlines serve the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila (as of March 2006)
- Air Macau (Macau)
- Air Niugini (Port Moresby)
- Asiana Airlines (Busan, Seoul-Incheon)
- Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong)
- Cebu Pacific (Hong Kong)
- China Airlines (Kaohsiung, Taipei-Chiang Kai Shek)
- China Southern Airlines (Beijing, Xiamen)
- Continental Micronesia (Guam, Koror, Saipan)
- Emirates (Dubai)
- Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi)
- EVA Air (Taipei-Chiang Kai Shek)
- Gulf Air (Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat)
- Japan Airlines (Nagoya, Tokyo-Narita, Osaka-Kansai)
- Jetstar Asia Airways (Singapore)
- KLM (Amsterdam)
- Korean Air (Seoul-Incheon)
- Kuwait Airways (Bangkok, Kuwait)
- Lufthansa (Frankfurt, Guangzhou)
- Malaysia Airlines (Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching)
- Northwest Airlines (Detroit, Minneapolis-St.Paul, Nagoya, Tokyo-Narita)
- Qantas (Brisbane, Sydney)
- Qatar Airways (Doha)
- Royal Brunei Airlines (Bandar Seri Begawan)
- Saudi Arabian Airlines (Dammam, Jeddah, Riyadh)
- Singapore Airlines (Singapore)
- Thai Airways International (Bangkok, Osaka-Kansai)
The boat trip takes about 20 hours, but sailing on a luxury liner through and within the Philippine archipelago is an adventure in itself. But the major shipping lines have changed their perception of inter-island shipping. Sailing on time, clean, organized and equipped with restaurants and entertainment.
Click here for complete list of shipping schedule.
All these shipping lines offer a wide range of accommodations. There are special two person suites and staterooms but also there are much cheaper first and economy class cabins. Food is often included in the ticket, all ships have restaurants, coffeeshops and/or bars and discos.
NOTE: The accuracy of the information provided by this airline and shipping guide is not guaranteed by this website. Be sure to confirm schedule data with the airline or shipping line company directly prior to finalizing your travel plans.